Make a difference
If you have some time to give, volunteering can make a real difference to the lives of disabled children and young people.
There are a range of different volunteering options available at Challengers. You could be:
- Helping out at our fundraising events – from marshalling and manning raffle ticket stalls, to speaking to our supporters at street collections.
- Keeping busy behind the scenes in our office, helping us to raise money and spread awareness of our important work.
- Having fun working directly with children and young people at our Pre-schools, Play schemes or Youth schemes.
We have roles for all skills, interests and time commitments, and we’ll support you every step of the way. Register your interest in volunteering today to find out how you could become part of #TeamOrange!
There are lots of reasons to volunteer with Challengers. Here are just some benefits:
- You’ll be helping disabled children, young people, and families in your community.
- You’ll become part of a friendly team, where everyone is passionate about disability inclusion.
- You’ll gain versatile experience to support your job search, university application or Duke of Edinburgh award.
- You’ll benefit from high-quality training and development.
- You’ll feel good about making a positive difference.
I would like to thank everyone I’ve worked with at Challengers for their continued help and support over the past few years. The enjoyable activities I’ve carried out while volunteering have really supported my development of interpersonal skills, guided me through my university applications and strengthened my experiences. I recently found out that I will be going on to study Medicine at the University of Plymouth from September, and I could not have achieved my dreams of getting into Medical School without your support!Jai, Challengers Volunteer
Volunteers help to make such a difference to the disabled young people who attend Challengers. It doesn’t matter if you volunteer once a week, once a month, or once a year – we are so grateful for any time you may be able to give. Contact us today to find out how you can get involved!