A place where everyone belongs
- Established in Guildford in 1979
- Play and youth centres in Guildford and Farnham
- Community based projects across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex
- Safe, fun places and activities for children and young people from aged 2 to 25
- Delivered 140,000 hours of play for local disabled children and young people in 2017
At Challengers, disabled children and young people can play, relax, make friends, and truly feel like they belong. At the same time, families with disabled children can use these short breaks to pursue ‘ordinary’ activities such as shopping or spending time with their other children. Families have told us that the Challengers lifeline of support keeps them strong.
We don’t set any geographical boundaries and young people do not have to be on a ‘disability register’ to access our service – if they can’t access mainstream leisure then they can come to a Challengers scheme. No matter what support your child requires, we will always find a way to give them the opportunity to have fun.