Help us build our new accessible playground!
We need your help to build a brand new quarter of a million pound, state-of-the-art playground at Challengers Guildford Playcentre in Stoke Park.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a bigger, better playground for the next generation of disabled children and young people, and the wider community.
A playground for the whole community
With a design inspired by the beautiful Surrey Hills, our new playground will bring the very best of Surrey to our little corner of Guildford!
The new playground will feature specialist equipment to facilitate children disabled children, creating a versatile and diverse space with something for everyone, including:
- A Brooklands-inspired circuit for thrill-seekers to run and race around.
- Sloping green hills which children can climb, roll and slide down to their heart’s content.
- Our tribute to the River Wey will run through the playground, providing children with a cool, calm place to splash about.
- A large open sandpit inspired by the golden sand at Frensham Ponds, providing endless fun and games.
When not in use at Challengers, we plan to open our new playground on our Family Fun Days for local families to enjoy together. It will be a space where disabled and non-disabled children can come together, to make friends and learn from each other, without limitations.
81% of Challengers parents have told us that this new playground will help them feel included and part of the community.
“I believe it’s important for children with additional needs to play alongside their non-disabled peers, otherwise neither will learn about one another and how rewarding accepting differences can be…” – Challengers Parent
How can I help?
To reach our target of £250,000 and start the playground build, you can help us raise the money we need by:
- Donating to our JustGiving page.
- Taking on a fundraising play event of your own – for ideas and materials to use, you can download our Fundraising Pack here.
Make sure to share your pictures with us! Post your photos on our Facebook page, tweet us @D_Challengers, or tag us on Instagram @challengers1979 using the hashtag #BigPlayAppeal.
We are so grateful for anything you can do to support our appeal. You can make a huge difference to local children, giving them a place where everyone can have fun and play.