Big Play Appeal
We are building our new accessible playground!
Thanks to your help, we were able to begin the build of a brand new, state-of-the-art playground at Challengers Guildford Play Centre in Stoke Park!
The build began at the end of January 2023 and we look forward to it’s opening in the early Spring 2023. Watch this space!
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a bigger, better playground for the next generation of disabled children and young people, and the wider community.
A playground for the whole community
With a design inspired by the beautiful Surrey Hills, our new playground will bring the very best of Surrey to our little corner of Guildford!
The new playground will feature specialist equipment to facilitate children disabled children, creating a versatile and diverse space with something for everyone, including:
- A Brooklands-inspired circuit for thrill-seekers to run and race around.
- Sloping green hills which children can climb, roll and slide down to their heart’s content.
- Our tribute to the River Wey will run through the playground, providing children with a cool, calm place to splash about.
- A large open sandpit inspired by the golden sand at Frensham Ponds, providing endless fun and games.
When not in use at Challengers, we plan to open our new playground on our Family Fun Days for local families to enjoy together. It will be a space where disabled and non-disabled children can come together, to make friends and learn from each other, without limitations.
81% of Challengers parents have told us that this new playground will help them feel included and part of the community.
“I believe it’s important for children with additional needs to play alongside their non-disabled peers, otherwise neither will learn about one another and how rewarding accepting differences can be…”Challengers Parent
How can I help?
Although we hit our initial fundraising target to begin the build, we are still raising money to support other aspects of the playground, such as worker costs, braille signage, and wear and tear. You can help us raise the money we need by:
- Donating to our JustGiving page.
- Taking on a fundraising play event of your own – for ideas and materials to use, you can download our Fundraising Pack here.