- Permanent, Term Time (39 weeks a year)
- £22,812.50 FTE, actual £18,000.00
- 36 hours
Challengers is searching for an engaging and passionate Room Leader to join our Farnham Pre-school. Supported by our dedicated team of Service Managers, you will plan and deliver a range of exciting and engaging activities to a group of inspiring children aged 2-5. You will do this in accordance to statutory guidelines including the Early Years Statutory Framework (EYFS) and Challengers Policies and Procedures. You will support the Pre-school manager in leading the team to create an inclusive environment that ensures that all children are happy and make progress.
BENEFITS – What is in it for you?
• 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) with extra for long service and after your first years’ service, you’ll get your birthday off. Holiday entitlement is pro-rata for part time contracts.
• To work for an organisation who truly consider work life balance and have high expectations for our outcomes not only for those who use our services but for our teams as well.
• Free Training – We regularly invite all our staff to free training courses including Disability and Inclusion Awareness, Medication Administration, Safeguarding, First Aid, Makaton and more!
• Free DBS – As we require all staff to have a DBS before they start with us, we have decided to offer this free of charge.
• Pension & Health Care Cash Plan – All our staff have access to a NEST pension and Simply Health health care plan
Salary range:£22,812.50 FTE, actual £18,000.00
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
• The Room Leader will oversee the day-to-day delivery of activities and an approach that will include every child – including children with complex impairments. The Room Leader is an in ratio, floor-based role. When ratios permit, you will be required to support the Manager with administration duties.
• To be responsible for and to support staff to protect children from harm. The Room Leader is responsible for reporting any concern about a child’s welfare or safety in accordance with
Challengers Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and local authority procedures for protecting children from harm.
• To be a trained Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) who liaises with the Service Manager
• To be a key worker and support the staff team in completing their responsibilities in being a key worker.
• To work with and support the SENCO ensuring the Pre-School fulfils its obligation with regards to inclusion and equality.
You’ll be great if you have:
• 2 years experience of working within the early years sector
• A passion for supporting all children to reach their full potential within an inclusive environment
• Familiarity of the reporting and tracking required of and/or to facilitate the EYFS
• An interest in developing your skills further within a management role
The closing date for this role is 23rd of February 2024.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- There is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Challengers is a place where everyone can grow. We follow equal opportunities so however, you identify and whatever your background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day