- Full-time contract
- £10.90 per hour
- Farnham Play Centre (Farnham Pre-school) or Guildford Play Centre (Guildford Pre-school)
- Full time (36hrs per week – 8.30am – 3.30pm), potential for a 4 days (29 hours per week) contract available for the right candidate – Term time only – 39 weeks of the year
We are looking for an individual who wants to develop their skills and knowledge within childcare as part of a small team in an inclusive environment for children aged 2-5 years old. In this role you will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification with the support of the Pre-school Manager and Service Manager.
Our Pre-school settings perfectly represent our mission to create places where all children can have fun and learn together through play. We are not a specialist SEND Pre-school setting, however we are able to provide support for children of all abilities, including disabled children and those with more complex needs. Embark on your journey with us! We’re seeking a nurturing Pre-school wizard to spark curiosity and put a smile on children’s faces. Join our team of dream-builders today!
Location: Farnham and Guildford
Salary: £10.90 per hour (36hrs per week – 8.30am – 3.30pm), potential for a 4 days (29 hours per week)) – Term time only
BENEFITS – What is in it for you?
• To work for an organisation who truly consider work life balance and have high expectations
for our outcomes not only for those who use our services but for our teams as well.
• Free Training and encouragement to learn and thrive!
• Free DBS – As we require all staff to have a DBS before they start with us, we have decided to
offer this free of charge.
• Pension & Health Care Cash Plan – All our staff have access to a NEST pension and Simply
Health health care plan.
• Career breaks after 3 years’ service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represent and be an advocate for all Pre-school children. Ensuring that each child has the
same opportunities within the Pre-school environment.
• To attend to the educational, emotional and social needs of children in your care, as a key
person making observations to inform planning and record keeping, liaising with parents,
other staff, external professionals and SENCO about each child’s well-being and progress
• To assist the Pre-school Manager, Deputy Manager and whole team in all aspects of care
and supervision of children who attend Challengers Pre-school(s).
• To assist the Pre-school Manager and Deputy Manager and follow their lead in the on-going
development of the Pre-school(s) including policies, procedures and practice.
• To assist the Pre-school Manager and Deputy Manager to liaise with children, parents,
teachers, schools and other professional involved with the children’s care.
• As part of the apprenticeship, you will complete what is described as ‘ off the jobs hours’
which supports you in gaining new knowledge and skills. These are within your normal
working hours. This works out as 20% of your contracted hours.
You’ll be great if you have:
• Demonstrate a capacity for the enthusiasm and energy that children require within a
Pre-school setting – join in, play with, get involved and get to know the children who attend
• Have the capacity to work effectively within a team, using initiative when needed, be flexible,
adaptable and to be able to work in a disciplined way in an informal working environment.
• An eagerness to learn and develop new skills as part of completing Early Years Educator
• To show a commitment to the development of high quality, interesting, fun and creative play
and learning opportunities for all children.
• Prepared to attend training and to learn new skills with which to develop an understanding of
good practice in the Early Years for all children. An interest in continued professional
• Prepared to use skills you have – these may include the arts, music, sport, drama, gardening
and computing in play or through other activities within the Pre-school.
ABOUT US – Challengers is a voluntary sector organisation providing play and leisure services to disabled
children and young people across Surrey, Hampshire, Richmond, Kingston, and West Sussex.
Our values are to be Accountable, Ambitious, Inclusive, Playful and Trustworthy, if these resonate with
you, we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for this role is 16/02/2024.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – There is no such thing as the
perfect candidate. Challengers is a place where everyone can grow. We follow equal
opportunities so however, you identify and whatever your background you bring with you, please
apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day
We are looking for the right person, so applications will be assessed as they come in and
interviews will be held on a rolling basis.