Saturday 9th September 2023
We are very excited to be returning to the Spinnaker Tower Abseil this year, taking place on Saturday 9th September! Join our amazing team of 40 abseiling heroes by taking on this epic challenge, and descending 100 metres down this iconic landmark.
With beautiful views across the Solent and, on a clear day, all the way over to the Isle of Wight, this is an experience you won’t forget! You can even combine your abseil with a trip to see Portsmouth’s sights, shopping at Gunwharf Quays or a celebratory dinner.
This is a great opportunity to take part with friends, family or as a team building event with colleagues! Make sure to sign them up to for this unmissable experience.
To cover our costs, we ask that all our Team Orange abseilers pay a £30 registration fee per person. Additionally, you will be set a minimum fundraising target of £300 per person. We will support you every step of the way with your fundraising, by sending you tips and providing resources. All your fundraising helps support local disabled young people have an amazing time at Challengers!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with our fundraising team on Fundraising@disability-challengers.org or 01483 230060!
- All abseilers must be over the age of 14, anyone under the age of 18 must have a guardian present to sign consent on the day. You may be required to produce proof of age on the day.
- All abseilers must be under 120kg.
- The abseil is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
- Please keep the whole day clear, as we will allocate timings nearer the day.
- The Spinnaker Tower team will aim to accommodate different needs but please make us aware of any accessibility requirements in advance of the day so we can ensure you can take part. If you have any accessibility concerns, please give us a call and we would be very happy to discuss these with you!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Team Orange abseiling hero – we hope to see you there!