Saturday 10th June 2023
Calling all running enthusiasts… we are very excited to bring a NEW event to the Challengers Event calendar this year, the epic running event with a difference – Endure 24!
Endure 24 is a 24-hour festival of running. Joining a Challengers team, you run against the clock to see how many of the 8km laps your team can do over the 24-hour period. With a fantastic trail route, with stunning scenery, buzzing event village the race starts at 12pm on Saturday 10th June in Wasing Park, Reading.
How does it work?
- The race starts at 12pm and will last for 24 hours.
- Within each team there must always be one runner (and only one) on the course at any one time. The race is a relay with the rest of your team.
- Each lap of the course is 5 miles, most runners complete one lap and then hand over to the next team member, but you can do more than one lap in a row.
- You can take break anytime you like, there is Event Village where you will be able to pitch a tent to relax or sleep, eat and use the facilities.
- If you were to join our team of 5 you would need to able to complete roughly 5-6, 5 mile/8km loops within the 24-hour period.
- If you were to join our team of 8 you would need to be able to complete roughly 3-4, 5 mile/8km loops within the 24-hour period.
- You will receive one-to-one fundraising and training advice.
- A personalised running vest
- An invitation to an exclusive event to meet your fellow runners
- Most importantly, you will be breaking down the barriers to play for all disabled children and young people in your community!
We are asking each runner to pay a registration fee of £50 and raise a minimum of £300 (excluding Gift Aid). With many individuals already interested you don’t have to have a ready made team to enter, we will place you in the team that we feel is best for you. You will have an opportunity to meet and get to know your team beforehand, as well as form a plan for your epic challenge!