What's going on
Virtual Summer Holiday sessions
There has been high demand for our Summer Holiday sessions this year and we know that not every child will be able to attend as much as they would like, or be able to return to Challengers at the moment due to health and safety reasons. With this in mind, we have decided to continue our virtual Challengers sessions on Zoom throughout the summer holidays so that as many children and young people can benefit from them as possible.
- Sessions are open to all children in the Play and Youth age groups and offered free of charge.
- We will be holding two sessions a week for Play, and three to four sessions a week for Youth.
- Sessions will last anywhere between 60 and 90 minutes and feature an activity or interactive elements, including dancing, quizzes, animals, music, baking and talent show.
- We understand that not all children and young people will be able to join us for the full length of session, so please rest assured that there is no pressure to stay until the end.
- Sessions will take place on the Zoom.us app which you can access on a phone, tablet, laptop or PC. You do not need a Zoom account to join, simply follow the link that we will send to you.
How to book
Bookings for all virtual sessions will now be taken online at: challengers.force.com/bookings
Please book onto the waiting list with your day and time preferences. We will review the waiting list on a weekly basis, confirming all bookings to families on a Friday and sending out Zoom links for the following week’s sessions.
Virtual services from other providers
There are a number other local providers who are offering similar virtual sessions which you may be interested in. These are open to a variety of different age groups and are very happy to welcome children and young people who usually attend Challengers.
Barnardo’s South East
Open to children and young people aged 12 – 18 with autism and learning difficulties.
Download the summer schedule here. To find out more and book, email email@example.com or contact a member of the team via the numbers on the schedule poster.
Solent Youth Action
Open to children and young people aged 10 – 22 with additional needs.
You can find out more about the Summer Holiday programme on their website, or download the August schedule here. To enquire and book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07595 024 955.
Your donation means the world to us!
Gain unique experiences helping us.
Book a session for your chosen scheme.
We offer brilliant training opportunities.
Offer your time to help us achieve our goals.