What's going on
#TeamOrange take on Winter Wonderwheels
After all the fun we had at Superhero Tri in August, we couldn’t wait to head back to Dorney Lake for Winter Wonderwheels 2018 and it did not disappoint.
#TeamOrange had tonnes of festive fun brushing shoulders with Paralympic superstars and playing in fake snow!
This time around seven Challengers Superheroes took part and we were filled with pride to watch each and every one of them receive their medal at the finish line. Some of our highlights from the day included:
- Heroic Henry returned triumphantly to Dorney Lake and conquered 10km on his bike with his trusty sidekick Cress, and was barely out of breath!
- Fantastic Fergus whizzed round the 5km route alongside Chloe and Jon and squeaky pig.
- Awesome Arianne zipped around Dorney Lake beside her big sister Emily – and giggled the whole way!
- Glorious George and his fabulous family completed the route as a team, with big festive smiles the whole way round.
- Terrific Tom, accompanied by his mum, sister and Katie, zoomed along with orange hair and full of orange spirit.
- Tremendous Trev took on the 1k Lakeside Dash dressed as spider-elf and had a super sprint finish!
- And of course Tinsel-tastic Toby and his celebrity team mate Natasha Baker were the stars of the Celebrity Wonderwheels race. Toby stole the show on his tinsel covered trike!
So far the team have raised an amazing £1,700 – a very impressive amount which will go directly towards fun and laughter at Challengers schemes. You can still help them to celebrate their achievements by sponsoring them on their Virgin Money Giving page.
If you fancy joining us for Superhero Tri or Winter Wonderwheels in 2019 please get in touch with Community and Challenge Events Manager Cader on 01483 230 060 or email CaderMacphail@disability-challengers.org to register your interest or ask any questions you may have.
For further updates on upcoming events for Challengers, subscribe to our newsletters.
Your donation means the world to us!
Gain unique experiences helping us.
Book a session for your chosen scheme.
We offer brilliant training opportunities.
Offer your time to help us achieve our goals.