- £13.50 - £15.00 per hour
- Various locations
- Approximately 25 hours per month
We are looking for a qualified nurse to work alongside our Nurse Advisor to deliver training to the volunteers and staff at Challengers to enable all children and young people to access our services. This would be a wonderful opportunity for nurses who are looking to go into training roles.
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of clinical training and assess competency of play and youth staff to ensure Challengers provide good quality services to children and young people with medical impairments or procedures.
Together with the nurse advisor, the nurse trainer will offer advice and support to teams regarding medical impairments, procedures and good practice, both proactively and as they arise. This will include leader evening sessions, visiting schemes at weekends and holiday time and ‘home visits’ with members of the team.
What we offer:
- Working hours – We look to deliver training evening, weekends and during the holidays- Working approximately 25 hours a month depending on the need for training.
- Free Training – We regularly invite all our staff to free training courses including Disability and Inclusion Awareness, Medication Administration, Safeguarding, First Aid, Makaton and more!
- Discounts – We have access to deals and discounts at multiple online and high street stores where you can save money on tech, finance, travel, fashion & beauty.
- Free DBS – As we require all staff to have a DBS before they start with us, we have decided to offer this free of charge.
- Pension & Health Care Cash Plan – All our staff have access to a NEST pension and Simply Health, health care plan.
Pay and benefits
£13.50 – £15 per hour, depending on experience.
We believe in paying our staff fairly for a days work and are proud to be an accredited as a Living Wage Employer, paying all of our staff the Real Living Wage.
You will be required to be able to travel to all of our locations:
Please note – all successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. For more information email email@example.com or call us on 01483 230 938.