What's going on
26 ways you can take part in the 2.6 Challenge for Challengers!
Calling all home heroes! With many mass participation fundraising events cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the London Marathon organisers have launched this national fundraising challenge to help save our charities.
In just two months, we are seeing a shortfall of £150,000 due to cancelled fundraising events and activities. Without this funding, Challengers services will simply not survive. Here’s how YOU can help!
The task is simple. Create your own challenge related to the number 26 and donate or fundraise £26 (or more!) for Challengers from Sunday 26th April onwards.
You can set up a fundraising page via Just Giving, or make your donation to Challengers using the link below!
We’d love to hear about your challenge, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com to let us know what you have planned, or if you need any help or guidance.
Don’t forget to spread the word about your challenge on social media and tag Challengers!
Looking for inspiration? Here are 26 ideas for all ages and abilities:
1) Run, walk, cycle, skate, hop, skip 2.6 miles!
2) Climb your stairs 26 times.
3) Draw or paint 26 rainbows.
4) Learn all 26 letters of the alphabet in makaton signing.
5) Have a 26 minute danceathon with your friends!
6) Fitness challenge – do 26 burpees, press ups, or sofa tricep dips. Or 260 star jumps, squats or mountain climbers!
7) Bake 26 cupcakes or cookies.
8) 26 hours sponsored silence!
9) Send 26 hugs to family and friends, ask them to donate £2.60 each.
10) Walk 26 miles in a week.
11) Find 26 rainbow pictures on your daily walk.
12) 26 hour gaming challenge.
13) Do a good deed each day for 26 days.
14) Make a treasure hunt with 26 items for your children.
15) Design an obstacle course with 26 obstacles!
16) Do a plank for 2.6 minutes every day for 26 days.
17) Get 26 people together for a virtual pub night!
18) Try 26 new recipes over a month.
19) Make 26 TikToks in a week.
20) Draw 26 of your favourite things.
21) Reach out to 26 people who may be feeling lonely.
22) 2.6 mile three-legged run.
23) Learn 26 words in a new language.
24) Do 26 minutes of skipping, juggling, or hula hooping.
25) Attempt to put on 26 items of clothing in 2.6 minutes – nominate your friends to do the same!
26) Do 26 keepie-uppies.
Please make sure your challenge abides by the social distancing advice set by the government.
Find out more about the #TwoPointSixChallenge on their website.
When & where
Anywhere you like.
Sunday 26th April 2020 - 12:00am
Your donation means the world to us!
Gain unique experiences helping us.
Book a session for your chosen scheme.
We offer brilliant training opportunities.
Offer your time to help us achieve our goals.