Costs and Funding:
Costs will depend on the ratio of support young people have – details on how much a day at a Challengers Young Adult Scheme costs.
Young people or their families can pay for bookings in advance by debit or credit card.
Young people and their families can use Direct Payments to pay – more information about Direct Payments, costings and levels of support.
Challengers also accept referrals from Social Service departments.
How much do Challengers Young Adult Schemes cost?
If you do not receive direct payments or have other reasons which would make you unable to pay, please contact us on 01483 230930 to discuss the possibility of a concessionary rate.
Young Adult full day:
Non 1:1 – £60.00
1:1 – £96.00
2:1 – £150.00
Young Adult evenings:
Non 1:1 – £20.00
1:1 – £32.00
2:1 – £50.00
Levels of Support:
We agree on what level of support an individual has with us through a number of means:
- Information families, young people, carers and professionals give us
- Information and conversations with families gathered at first visits
- Care needs in relation to moving, behaviour, and ability to join in and take part with the activities provided
- Reviewing incidents that take place
- Our judgement, experience, and knowledge of what ensures each young person is safe and supported to join in and have fun at Challengers
If you do not currently receive a personal budget, you may well be entitled to one. We have been given the following information around young adults being entitled to receive personal budgets/Direct Payments:
- More and more young people will be eligible for a personal budget
- At times this personal budget will include Direct Payments (paid to families), to provide choice and control for young people and their families around how they want to spend the funding they are provided with
- More information for Surrey young adults from Surrey County Council
- SILC can also provide advice, guidance and support managing personal budgets. They also have a lot of information on direct payments. For more information visit their website
If you do not receive Direct Payments: Please contact the Pay and Leisure Team on 01483 230930 and we can discuss offering you a concessionary rate.